Goodwill’s YouthBuild is a community-based alternative education program that provides academic learning and occupational skills training in construction and manufacturing for at-risk youth ages 17 to 24 who have not completed their high school education.
Contact your local Job Connection for specifics.
YouthBuild includes education, occupational skills training in the construction and manufacturing industries, leadership development, and post-program placement opportunities for at-risk youth. Participants have the opportunity earn GED and Pre-Apprenticeship Certificate Training (PACT) certifications.
The combination of project-based academic learning and occupational skills training prepare at-risk youth for career placement and advancement. The academic component assists youth who are often significantly behind in basic skill development in obtaining a high school diploma or state high school equivalency credential. The occupational skills training component prepares at-risk youth for apprenticeship and other career pathways and/or further education or training.
The Goodwill® YouthBuild program is made possible with a $843,719 young adult reentry partnership grant award from the DOL’s Employment and Training Administration, covering 75 percent of operating costs. Our Goodwill is contributing leveraged funding valued at $210,930 to cover the remaining 25 percent of operational costs.
- Have not completed high school education
- Adjudicated youth, youth aging out of foster care, youth with disabilities, migrant farmworker youth, or other disadvantaged youth population