LifeLaunch: Growth Opportunities (GO)
Goodwill provides reentry career services for young adults ages 18-24 in Spartanburg and Union counties. The LifeLaunch: GO program helps youth and young adults end their justice involvement through rewarding and engaging paid work experience that can lead to employment and real careers.
The LifeLaunch: GO program aims to address the unique challenges faced by youth with a background in the justice system by providing them work experience, career navigation, and mentorship to support and guide them on their journey to success. The overall goal of the program is to "disrupt justice involvement by providing rewarding and engaging alternatives that lead to employment, career advancement, sustainability, and the reduced risk of recidivism."
Participants, located in Spartanburg and Union counties, will receive the support they need to be successful in the workplace and beyond, including violence prevention, conflict resolution, and leadership development training; education and occupational skills development; and job search and placement services. Community partners will help by providing mental health counseling, substance abuse counseling, mentoring, housing, clothing, transportation, nutrition, childcare, and legal services.
The LifeLaunch: GO program is made possible with a $4 million grant award, covering 86% of operating costs, from the U.S. Department of Labor Employment and Training Administration. Goodwill is contributing leveraged funding valued at $667,414 to cover the remaining 14% of additional costs.
Scope of Services
- Career exploration activites
- Case management
- Assistance with linking participants to social services
- Job-preparatory services
- Violence prevention
- Conflict resolution
- Leadership development training
- Education and occupational skills development
- Job search and placement services
- Mental health counseling
- Substance abuse counseling
- Housing services
- Transportation services
- Nutrition guidance
- Legal services
- Spartanburg County
- Union County