The certified nurse aide course provides job skills training and helps students cultivate the attitudes and behaviors of a competent caregiver. Upon successful completion of the state examination, the graduate is a certified nurse aide (CNA) as defined by state and federal laws.
Class length, days and times vary by region. Contact your local Job Connection for specifics.
In this program, participants must attend orientation and successfully work readiness training to proceed to clinical skills training. Participation in the course does not guarantee employment upon completion.
- WorkKeys or WIN
- Criminal background check
- Age 18 or older
- Lift up to 70 pounds
- Ability to stand for long durations
- Minimal visual and hearing limitations
- Negative drug screen and tuberculosis test
- High School Diploma or GED
- Education (TABE) Assessment or Silver or Higher WorkKeys
- Letter of interest
- Work readiness training
- Digital skills and computer workshops
- American Heart Association BLS for the Healthcare Provider CPR Certification
- One set of scrubs
- Background check
- Drug and tuberculosis screenings
- State exam booklet
- One state board certification examination
- Other materials required by training provider
- Case management
- Job placement assistance
- Post-employment services
Goodwill Industries reserves the right to make the final selection on all students due to limited space in the training program.