A Note from Goodwill Regarding COVID-19
Friends of Goodwill,
We appreciate your concern and support as we all face challenge and uncertainty. Like many others, we are closely following the coronavirus (COVID-19) and the impact it will continue to have in our community and throughout the world, and especially on the people in our community who depend on Goodwill.
We have been monitoring recommendations from national, regional, and local authorities and are taking the following actions to do our part to help prevent the spread of the illness and to ensure the health and safety of our associates, donors, shoppers, and people we serve:
- Instituting additional cleaning and sanitizing protocols in all stores and facilities and assigning an associate in each location to champion these efforts.
- Providing flexibility for our associates to adjust their schedules as needed.
- Continuing to offer our employment and training programs, which help people prepare for and find jobs. We will use virtual technology where possible.
- Postponing events and conducting meetings virtually as much as possible. More information on impacted events is available here.
- Suspending all non-essential business travel.
We are working very hard to maintain operations and services for people in our community as long as we can do so safely. As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve, we may adjust our approach and response. Until then, we will continue to follow the guidelines that have been provided to us and work to maintain a safe and clean environment for our associates and the people we serve.
We will continue to focus on our mission of helping people achieve independence through employment, and on doing our best to support our associates and the people we serve, keep them healthy and safe, and help sustain their own families.
People still need Goodwill. And Goodwill still needs you.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding through these critical and challenging times.
Goodwill Industries of Upstate/Midlands South Carolina