Certified Retail Training Program
This retail training program provides six weeks of classroom curriculum and on-the-job training in the retail and customer service competencies recognized as crucial by the National Retail Federation (NRF). Work readiness curriculum includes resume development, workplace professionalism, mock interviews, work ethics, basic computer skills, communications, and financial management. The retail curriculum includes instruction in twelve key areas, including: getting to know customers, keeping up appearances, loss prevention and safety, and cash handling.
Participation in the program does not guarantee you employment upon completion; however, you have access to the resources of Job Connection.
Work Readiness Curriculum: 60 hours
Work Experience: Four weeks — 30 hours per week, $7.25/hour
- Case Management
- Job Search and Placement Services Assistance
- Post-employment Services
Classes average 12 students and participants must meet these requirements:
- Criminal Background Check
- At Least 18 Years of Age
- Lift Up to 70 Pounds
- Stand for Long Durations
- Minimal Visual and Hearing Limitations
- Negative Drug Screen
- Demonstrate Appropriate Math and Reading Level(s) – Test for Adult Basic Education (TABE) Assessment
If accepted, participants must attend orientation and successfully complete work readiness curriculum before beginning skills training.
Goodwill Industries reserves the right to make the final selection on all students due to limited space in the training program.
Anderson Area Students
- Work readiness training location varies. Work experience training generally takes place at the Goodwill store in Anderson.
Columbia Area Students
- Work readiness training location varies. Work experience training takes place at select Goodwill stores in Richland or Lexington County.
Greenville Area Students
- Work readiness training location varies. Work experience training generally takes place at select Goodwill stores in Greenville County.
Greenwood Area Students
- Work readiness training location varies. Work experience training generally takes place at the Goodwill store in Greenwood.
For more information, contact us via email or phone. In the Upstate: email@example.com or 864.351.0121. In the Midlands: firstname.lastname@example.org or 803.731.1786. In the Greenwood area: email@example.com .