Important COVID-19 Updates
Friends of Goodwill,
We'd like to take the opportunity to share some of the things that are happening at Goodwill Industries of Upstate/Midlands South Carolina, as we continue to address the needs of people in our community while taking the necessary precautions to keep our associates, participants, shoppers, and donors safe.
- Goodwill Job Connections are providing much-needed assistance with applying for unemployment benefits, job leads, resume assistance, and much more. We are helping South Carolinians get back to work as quickly as possible. Click here for our current operating hours.
- We are also offering virtual services! Job seekers can still access assistance and resources without visiting a physical location. Learn more at www.goodwillsc.org/jobs.
- The sale of donated merchandise in our retail stores and online helps to fund our mission services. The demand for Goodwill’s employment services and training programs is and will be at unprecedented levels in the coming months. Please continue to support us by shopping online with us or visiting one of our retail stores.
- We have partnered with Harvest Hope Food Bank and continue to accept donations of food and other needed items at every Goodwill donation center.
We continue to follow guidance from health and governmental agencies and take recommended actions to maintain a safe and clean environment for our associates, donors, shoppers, and participants. Those actions include:
- Practicing Social Distancing. Signage, floor markers, and announcements are in place to reinforce and remind everyone to observe social distancing.
- Providing Personal Protective Equipment. We will provide masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer for all associates. We have also installed plexiglass shields at cash registers to provide a barrier between Goodwill associates and shoppers checking out.
- Cleaning and Disinfecting. We will continue regular cleaning and frequently disinfect surfaces, including shopping carts, register areas, computer peripherals in the Job Connections, restrooms and dressing rooms, and other high-traffic areas.
- Promoting recommended hygienic practices such as frequent hand-washing.
Many have asked us how they can help. Here a few small things that can have a tremendous impact:
- Continue to donate. Our donation centers are open to serve our donors. We offer no-contact service but look forward to assisting you as needed.
- Make a financial gift. Every dollar makes a difference, as much now as it ever has.
- Be the Good! Please continue helping others and supporting your community. It makes a difference.
People still need Goodwill. And Goodwill still needs you.
Thank you for your continued support of Goodwill, and for your patience and understanding through these critical and challenging times. #GoodWillCome